How To- short version

The basic lesson behind the maddness is this: Buy what is on sale and use coupons for those items. Stock up when there are GREAT deals. You'll spend the same with double the groceries.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm telling the truth!

I was having my normal conversation after being asked how do you do your "shopping thing," when the girl made a comment that offended me a little. She said sure you save lots of money but you must just buy junk food and soft drinks. Truthfully I do buy some treats for the kids and my adult treat of soda, but I also buy milk, bread, cereal, fruit, vegitables and all the other stuff one needs to fill a pantry and feed a family of six.

So, today I had to go shopping for the upcoming long weekend camping trip. I bought food for 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 1 dinner for 12 people. Plus, snacks for 3 days. I also bought other things that I needed for my house as well. Notice the 9 lbs of meat, 2 gallons of milk, all the produce, bread and even a bag of briquettes.

.......then, I couldn't help myself. I lined it all up pretty like, and took a picture. Total bill came to $139.08, with a $10.oo off next purchase coupon. This was an ok saving trip, but I still saved over $100.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment